Outdoor Experiences for Groups from Autumn to Spring
COMING SOON – New activity options for the coming months. Watch this space and our social channels for availability soon
Forest & Nature Walks
Guided Bike Tours
Canoe on Sheltered Lochs
Wonderful Winter Walks
Outdoor activities aren’t just for the summer months. Some of the best days out can be had when the autumn colours appear in the treetops, or when the frosts coat cobwebs in the hedges and the Robin’s red breast suddenly starts to become brighter!
With some thoughtful planning, an eye on the weather forecast and some great venues to explore, why not pull on a beanie and join us for some Autumn to Spring experiences. We can take the hassle out of finding the best spots to find, the best views and will even make sure you get a hot drink and a snack when you’re out and about.
What can you do from October to March?
- Guided nature walks on designated paths and forest trails.
- Add biking or canoeing to your day out to enhance your enjoyment of the day.
- All trips will provide participants with “local” outdoor experiences: enjoy the forests, lochs, rivers, and beautiful scenery and fresh air of the Highlands.
- Do things that can only be experienced by leaving the tour bus behind and letting an experienced local guide show you some of the hidden gems you’d struggle to find yourselves. Whether it’s in the Caledonian Pine Forest, on or around secluded lochs or from a hillside view point.
- There are so many local places to experience and enjoy in the fabulous Highlands by boot, bike or boat from Autumn to Spring.
Where might you end up?
- Glen Affric – Plodda Falls; Loch Beinn a’ Mheadhain, Loch Affric.
- Cairngorms – Rothiemurchus; An Lochan Uaine; Meall a Bhuachaille.
- South Loch Ness – Falls of Foyers, South Loch Ness trail, Cameron’s Tearoom.
- Nairn Beach and Culbin Forest – hidden history, wildlife, sand dunes.
Ideal For Small Groups
Easy To Moderate
Tailored to Abilities
Under 1.5 hrs From Inverness
Hot Drinks Provided
What you need to know:
- These experiences are ideal for smaller groups (up to a maximum of 8 people per minibus) and all start and finish from Inverness.
- We will tailor the day to suit the needs and abilities of the group.
- We will offer scheduled walks, available to book online throughout the winter months.
- For groups looking to add other activities to their day out, we would be very happy to include a guided canoe or off-road bike tour as part of the experience.
- In Your Element will typically collect groups from their accommodation around 9:30 AM, take them on their mini-adventure and bring them back by 4:30 PM.
- All the experiences will involve transfers of no more than 1.5 hour’s drive from the group’s Inverness accommodation.
- All activity experiences will be easy-to-moderate; so nothing too strenous or challenging, but enough to keep you warm!
- Participants will need to provide suitable outdoor clothing, including sturdy walking boots and a packed lunch. In Your Element will provide transport, experienced local guides, any outdoor equipment such as walking poles, canoes and bikes. In Your Element can also provide waterproof trousers and jackets, if required.
- In Your Element staff will contact the group organiser prior to the event to discuss options & preferences about the location and type of walk, ride or paddle, the activity level and to review the weather forecast. In Your Element will be extremely flexible regarding locations and activities based on the weather conditions at the time.
At present, these day-tours will start and finish from Inverness, however, if you are in different part of the country, we may still be able to offer your group some options – just get in touch and we’ll hopefully be able to help.
Cost (per vehicle/instructor):
From 1 to 4 clients – £400
From 5 to 8 clients – £550
[For groups of more than 8 people please contact us to check availability].
Add £35 per person if your group would like to include biking or canoeing on the day.
These costs include VAT, and we are happy to discuss a nett rate for inclusion in packages.
Can’t Find What You’re After?
If you would like to organise something in particular for a group, please get in touch with the following information:
- Number of people
- Age range of participants (if there are under 18s)
- Preferred date(s)
- An idea of the type of activity you would like to do
- Where you will be staying at the tiime