Useful Links & Accommodation
Accommodation near Inverness & Loch Ness
Achnagairn Castle: Achnagairn Castle is steeped in colourful history, and the luxury Highland hotel pays homage to the past through its architecture and timeless elegance, whilst keeping things very contemporary with eclectic styling and all the best 21st century amenities.
Aldourie Castle: The beautiful and historic Aldourie Castle is a 5* exclusive hire property in Scotland available for sole let to one group booking or stay. With a prime position on the southern shoreline it is the only habitable castle on Loch Ness.
Assynt House: Assynt House is a beautiful country house available for holiday rentals and special occasions in the Highlands of Scotland. A 5-star exclusive use venue, available for holiday lets, celebrations, family groups, house parties and as an elegant wedding venue.
Coul House: Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, enjoy the unique 18th Century architecture, the comfortable bedrooms and the delicious dining. Relax in the lounge, have a drink in the bar, or take a walk in the beautiful gardens where guests of all ages enjoy the fairy trail, the mature woods and the pitch and putt.
Glenmorangie House: Elegant, luxurious and full of Scottish character, the house draws you in with the warmth of a highland welcome. So, kick off your shoes, sample our delicious food, choose your favourite room and imagine relaxing with Glenmorangie’s finest single malt whisky in the heart of the Highlands of Scotland.
Inverness Holiday Homes: Feel at Home When You’re Away – self-catering accommodation in Inverness & Moray, the North Highlands of Scotland. A local friendly business with in-depth knowledge of the local area and free private parking on site.
Kingsmills Hotel: a fabulous four-star luxury hotel in Inverness. Set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands, it offers a variety of extremely luxurious rooms, impeccable dining options and good old-fashioned Scottish hospitality.
Loch Ness Inn: The Loch Ness Inn & Bunkhouse is nestled in the Highland village of Drumnadrochit near the legendary Loch Ness
Loch Ness Shores Camping and Caravanning Club Site: Dramatic scenery at an eco-friendly campsite that teems with wildlife.
Luxury Lodge Stays: A collection of quality lodges and cottages near Inverness. Ideal for short breaks or family holidays, they provide the opportunity to pursue a variety of interests. Whether you are looking for a romantic break for two, to relax in a hot tub, or have fun with the children; you can find what you are looking for at Luxury Lodge Stays.
Novar Estate: Ardtalla is a supremely comfortable lodge with a warm, relaxed feel. It retains traditional features of the eighteenth century with the luxury and reliability of the twenty first century.
SYHA Inverness: Located just a short walk from the city centre, Inverness Youth Hostel is the ideal place to stay when exploring the Capital of the Highlands, offering modern budget accommodation.
Pinewood Steading: luxurious self catering accommodation in a rural and tranquil part of the Scottish Highlands – a unique and breathtaking landscape. Pinewood has captivating and uninterrupted views over the Beauly Firth, to Ben Wyvis and beyond.
The Loft – The Loft is situated in the beautiful Moray Speyside countryside, close to fantastic beaches and forests. Enjoy great holidays, residential camps or retreats in the great outdoors in the cosy Wigwam Cabins and traditional grass campsite.
Travelodge Inverness: 3 Inverness locations including the new city-centre hotel with convenient travel links and easy access to the city of Inverness and the surrounding areas.
Caledonian Cabins, Invergarry: This exclusive retreat is a log cabin in the most authentic sense. It has been built with giant Western Red Cedar logs, handcrafted in Canada using traditional methods. It sits amongst several acres of secluded woodland, just 50 metres from the shore of Loch Garry and overlooking a babbling burn (small river). Upstream is a wonderful Sir Thomas Telford bridge, giving access to yet more picturesque woodland and shoreline.
Accommodation near Aviemore
Glenmore Campsite: The site offers a unique combination of landscapes and mountainous views with complete forest immersion.
Highland Hideouts: Offer a wide choice of self-catering holiday accommodation, from pet friendly cottages to cosy lodges and stunning family houses. The website is packed with lots of holiday ideas and local information so you can not only find the ideal accommodation but also select your ideal holiday location, centred around your needs.
Seasgair Hand-picked Lodges: From adventurous family summer holidays in the Cairngorms to luxurious ski accommodation in the winter season, these lodges offer something very special all year round. Most of the lodges are dog friendly, child friendly and have wood-burning stoves. Some offer period features, others are airy and modern. Some are equipped with hot tub, sauna – or both – for a little luxury.
High Range Campsite: Nestling at the foot of the craggy Craigellachie Nature Reserve, our Touring Caravan and Camping Park blends naturally with the silver birch trees and heather-clad grounds of the High Range.
Luxury Lodge Stays: A collection of quality lodges and cottages at Aviemore. Ideal for short breaks or family holidays, they provide the opportunity to pursue a variety of interests. Whether you are looking for a romantic break for two, to relax in a hot tub, or have fun with the children; we are sure that you can find what you are looking for at Luxury Lodge Stays.
Rothiemurchus Camp and Caravan: Rothiemurchus is a special place at the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, near Aviemore, in the Scottish Highlands. It offers a warm welcome, stunning scenery and outdoor activities for individuals, families, groups and corporate parties to enjoy.
Silverglades Holiday Park: Self-catering holiday homes that lie to the north of the highland village of Aviemore set beneath the majestic Cairngorms Mountains.
SYHA Aviemore: Surrounded by woodland Aviemore Youth Hostel is situated on the boundary of the Cairngorm National Park and a short walk from Aviemore town centre.
SYHA Cairngorm Lodge: situated in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, next to Loch Morlich, seven miles from Aviemore and just two miles from the Cairngorm mountain funicular and snowsports area.
Superior Highland Lets: 2 luxury modern self catering holiday homes in the popular holiday location of Aviemore at the heart of Scotland’s Cairngorm National Park.
Invernahavon Caravan Site: situated in the very heart of the Highlands of Scotland within the Cairngorms National Park. Invernahavon is a a family run site and offers a warm welcome to all. Invernahavon is a wonderful base for seeing and exploring the Highlands and the ideal getaway if you are just looking for peace and tranquillity.
Accommodation near Loch Lomond
- Argyll Holidays – Situated just off the A82, Loch Lomond Holiday Park offers stunning panoramic views across the ‘Bonnie Banks’. It’s the perfect location for relaxing in the splendour of the mountains, or as a base for exploring the many interesting nearby sights, walks and historic viewpoints.
- Ardoch Scotland – Ardoch is the perfect venue for every event. From private dinners to conferences, training sessions, seminars, exhibitions, reunions and intimate wedding, Ardoch offers complete privacy ensuring you have the event you need. The property is located just 5 minutes drive from our base at Loch Lomond Shores.
- Auchedennan Farm Cottages – Auchendennan Farm Self catering cottages. 14 individually different cottages at one great location. Only a short walk from the shores of Loch Lomond and just 2 miles from the gateway town of Balloch which has plentiful restaurants, bars and activities also including access on water to Loch Lomond.
- Bonnie Banks – 7 bedroom, 10 bed luxury accommodation located in the village of Balloch, metres away from the beautiful shores of Loch Lomond.
- Drumkinnon Cottages – 4* rated holiday cottages (1 bed and 2 bed) located at the banks of Loch Lomond.
- Forest Holidays Ardgarten Argyll – the Argyll location has 40 luxury cabins and is situated at Ardgartan where the pine-clad mountains sweep down to meet the shore of Loch Long at the edge of the Argyll Forest Park; just a short drive from Loch Lomond.
- Forest Holidays Strathyre – The Strathyre cabins are in the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, watched over by majestic peaks of Ben Ledi.
- High Wards – Wards Estate – High Wards is everything you could need for a group/family stay with a real feeling of luxury. The kitchen is excellently equipped, the reception rooms provide lots of space to spread out and the great room is something to behold with its magnificent panoramic window and full-size pool table.
- Hot Tub Hideaways – holiday accommodation with a hot tub in the Loch Lomond & Trossachs area.
- Independent Cottages (Loch Lomond)
- Knockderry House Hotel – Delightfully unfussy 4* Scottish country house hotel offering a great night’s rest to revive and delicious seasonal food to nourish. By the shores of Loch Long, 45 minutes from Glasgow Airport and ideally situated to explore the beautiful Loch Lomond and Trossachs area.
- Loch Lomond Guesthouse – The Loch Lomond Guesthouse and Lodges are a new venture offering guests 5 star luxury in stylish and contemporary surroundings on the shores of Loch Lomond.
- Loch Lomond Holiday Cottages – East Cambusmoon – Two luxury, eco-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in the stunning surroundings of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
- Loch Lomond Hotel – A warm welcome awaits you at one of Balloch’s newest, most stylish hotels which is just a short walk from Loch Lomond.
- Loch Long Hotel – Perched on the banks of Loch Long and overlooked by the Arrochar Alps, The Loch Long Hotel is the perfect choice for travellers seeking to experience the best of Argyll and the west coast.
- Lodge on Loch Lomond – The Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel truly is a unique destination located on the beachfront at Luss and enjoying magnificent panoramic views over Scotland’s favourite loch.
- Lomond Woods Holiday Park – Ideally located within walking distance of Loch Lomond and Lomond Shores visitor centre, Lomond Woods Holiday Park is a special place for you to spend your holiday. Our 5-star family holiday park has been recognised for exceptional quality and service, offering luxury lodges, Signature hot tub lodges, deluxe hot tub caravans, caravan holiday homes, ensuite glamping pods and camping pods. Fully serviced or hard standing touring pitches are also available.
- Ross Priory – Situated in an unrivalled position on the banks of Loch Lomond, with stunning views of Ben Lomond and the surrounding hills, Ross Priory is a secluded and unusual venue for your stay, enhanced by magnificent gardens and a 9 hole golf course which makes up the 200 acre estate. With 11 bedrooms for bed & breakfast accommodation and 1 self-catering cottage on the loch side, Ross Priory also offers evening meals and additional facilities by prior arrangement.
- Stuckgowan Estates – A beautifully restored home sitting on the banks of Loch Lomond welcoming families & friends from far and wide to escape and enjoy good times together.
- SYHA Rowardennan – Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel is situated on the banks of Loch Lomond, complete with its own jetty. This 57 bed youth hostel provides quality, budget accommodation, offering both multi-share rooms and private rooms.
- Stoneymollan Luxury Camping Pods – Stoneymollan Luxury Pods Loch Lomond is situated in a very beautiful part of Scotland surrounded by nature and breath-taking landscapes. The owners have been inspired by this to install two luxury glamping pods on their property so that others too can enjoy and explore this beautiful place and its surrounding areas.
Conference Facilities near Loch Lomond
Ross Priory – Situated in an unrivalled position on the banks of Loch Lomond with stunning views of Ben Lomond and the surrounding hills, Ross Priory is a secluded and unusual venue enhanced by magnificent gardens. Dating back to 1693, Ross Priory is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Scotland.
With a selection of rooms and superb facilities indoors, Ross Priory is used extensively for residential conferences, day meetings and seminars. The 200 acres of land on the shores of Loch Lomond, make it the ideal venue for outdoor events such as corporate team building. The top-class facilities are complemented by the quality of the food and residential accommodation.
Accommodation near Loch Tay
Cooper Cottages – offer a selection of self catering holiday accommodation in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Family cottages, cosy lodges and large holiday homes ideal for groups.” Cooper cottages would love you to enjoy 5% off their cottages in 2021 – use the code IYE2021 to qualify for this offer.
Killin Hotel – The Killin Hotel is situated in the central Highlands of Perthshire at the west end of Loch Tay. It offers 30 comfortably decorated bedrooms and five Annex rooms directly next to the hotel offering a variety of occupancy levels up to six people in one room.
Loch Tay Highland Lodges – Scandinavian built holiday lodges & “Award Winning” glamping accommodations are situated in the central highlands of Scotland, on the shores of Loch Tay. Based within Perthshire, one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland; surrounded by mountains, lochs, rivers, and within easy driving distance of Edinburgh, Stirling, and Glasgow.
The Bunkhouse – A superb site providing flexible, open plan style accommodation, which is divided into two amazingly well equipped units with stunning views over Aberfeldy and General Wades Bridge.
Other useful resources
Futurelearn Nature and Environment Courses – online Environment and Biology courses created by experts from leading universities and organisations.
On these courses, learners will explore the natural world and understand the causes and impact of climate change.