Assynt Team Building Adventure
This is a 5-day team building experience not to be forgotten. Based in the North West Highlands Geopark you’ll be tested to the limits both mentally and physically with a combination of canoe journeying skills, team challenges and mountain climbs.
This is a 5-day team building experience not to be forgotten. Based in the North West Highlands Geopark you'll be tested to the limits both mentally and physically with a combination of canoe journeying skills, team challenges and mountain climbs.
This is also a very rewarding experience that will bring together work colleagues in common objectives that will result in extra treats as you progress through the adventure. When you're in such a remote location, it's amazing how motivating chocolate can be!!
What can you expect?
Day 1 - arrival in Inverness
- Your group will be collected in Inverness and transferred to Elphin (north of Ullapool). A member of IYE staff will travel with the group to act as tour-guide on the way to Elphin. Soup and sandwiches at the Elphin Tea Room on arrival (subject to arrival time in Inverness).
- There's then a short drive to the start point to pack the boats, get a safety briefing and depart onto Cam Loch.
- Task 1 today will be for the teams to figure out how to set up camp while the guides prepare dinner.
- After packing up and preparing for departure, there will be a tough portage down to Loch Veyatie, then paddling its length down into Fionn Loch.
- Task 2 - Various team challenges during the day followed by Task 3, a hunt for firewood on the bare shores of Loch Veyatie. The more you find the warmer you will be tonight!
- Camp near the iconic Suilven, without doubt one of the most distinctive mountains in Scotland.
- Task 4 - The teams will climb Suilven today – each team decides whether to tackle the climb that evening or early the next day.
- This day involves another tough paddle & portage through to south east corner of Loch Sionascaig
- Set up camp for two nights.
- Task 5 – climb either Cul Mor or Stac Pollaidh during the navigation challenge
- Tonight it's the turn of the teams to cook dinner as the guides sit back and relax!
The final morning has arrived!
- Pack up and paddle out to the road (via one last portage) for a late morning vehicle rendezvous.
- Drive back to Inverness.
The intention of this multi-day challenge is not to ‘keep scores’ during the challenge elements of the journey. Instead, successful completion of each challenge will result in a team reward being granted. The rewards are worth the effort!
The Assynt area is one of the last remnants of wilderness in the UK and there is no phone signal for much of the route. There is therefore an extra incentive to climb the small mountains that we have in store for you, as there is a signal on the summits😊
|Who is this activity for?||Min.age:18|
|Cost per person||The cost will be provided on request as it will depend on group numbers and any special requests.|
|Duration||5 days, 4 nights (wilderness camping)|
|What you should wear||A detailed, recommended kit list will be provided|
|What does IYE provide||All canoeing equipment and safety gear, camping equipment, food and drinks. Transport from Inverness and back.|
|Activity location||Starting point is Elphin, north-west of Ullapool|