Events and Challenges
Paddling the length of Loch Ness in as fast a time as possible
We supported the first officially recognised Guinness World record attempt at paddling the length of Loch Ness.
- The fastest time to kayak the length of Loch Ness, Scotland, UK, from Fort Augustus to Dores (a distance of 17.9 nautical miles, 20.59 miles, 33.15 km) is 5 hours 19 minutes 17 seconds, achieved by the Asda Kayak Team on 18 May 2010.
- The team of 28 people completed the distance in single sea kayaks and two two-man kayaks. All of the team members lined up to cross the finish line together and therefore achieved the same time. The event was organised to raise funds for the Tickled Pink breast cancer charity.
Scotland, Coast to Coast by canoe or kayak
Multi-disciplinary adventure races
We’ve worked with the likes of Across The Divide (Invesco Perpetual Highland Challenge 2011 and 2012) and Events 22 (Drambuie Pursuit 2007-2011) on large adventure events. These involved canoeing or kayaking (normally canoes) at some stage of the competition, but also involved lots of other disciplines. We helped plan the events, supplied equipment and staff.
24 hour challenges
Our very own Mike Dunthorne completed a Great Glen Canoe Trail challenge in 2012, paddling the entire length of the canoe trail from Sea to Sea in just over 20 hours (an amazing achievement). There are also 2 or 3 day challenges organised for the slightly less adventurous.
Expedition challenges in Scotland
Our services available for events and challenges:
- Planning advice & consultancy
- Logistical support
- Risk assessments
- Equipment supply
- Local knowledge and contacts
- Ground and water-based safety cover, e.g. safety boats
Some of our event clients over the years have included:
- Cairngorm National Park Authority
- Rothiemurchus Estate
- Discovery Channel – Netherlands
- Across the Divide
- First Monster Marathon
- Intelligent Sports
- Whale & Dolphin Conservation Society
- Asda/ Tickled Pink
- Implement Consulting
- Scottish Rugby
- Highland Hospice