Has anyone out there got this piece of equipment yet? This is a device that connects to your smartphone and allows you to connect to the outside world from many (although not all) of the remotest places in the world.
It sounds great in theory but how much does it cost over and above the purchase price e.g. sending messages/ checking in? How do you find out?
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type & Send message (41 character) or Predefined message (120 character) options*
- Track Progress on Google Maps or SPOT Adventures page*
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social websites
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- On-device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
Would love to find out more about this piece of kit, given Mike and I have a big expedition planned later in the year and would love an excuse to try this out!
Find out more about Spot Connect on their website
If you like this post why not share it with your mates?