When hiring bike equipment from us you, as the customer will be subject to the following equipment hire terms:
- We recognise that cycling can be dangerous & we acknowledge the risks involved.
- We accept helmets have been offered & should we decide not to use them, then we accept full responsibility for the increased likelihood of injury.
- All children under the age of 18, on bikes, in trailers or on tag-a-longs must wear helmets.
- We will not undertake any manoeuvre, which is beyond our level of skill or that is unsuitable for the bike’s capabilities.
- We will inspect the bicycle(s) when they are handed over & will not depart from the hire depot without satisfying ourselves that they are in safe condition. Any exisiting damage should be reported to a hire attendant to prevent incurring damage repair costs.
- Any damage due to a crash or negligence is the customer’s responsibilty & will be charged for.
- Bikes must be locked when unattended. Loss or theft of the bike or accessories is the customer’s responsibilty & will be charged for.
- In Your Element reserve the right to refuse hire to a customer if it is suspected they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Late returns will be charged at £10.00 per bike per hour or part thereof. If we are unable to return the bike(s) to the hire shop then a collection fee of £10 per bike will be charged to collect them from a roadside location within a 10 mile radius. Collection from further afield will cost an additional £2 per mile.
- Cancellations: Hire bookings will be refunded in full, only if In Your Element is notified at least 48 hours before your booking is due to start.
Bike charges for lost equipment:
- Helmet ….. £40.00
- Padlock ….. £10.00
- Saddlebag ….. £15.00
- Small bike pump ….. £12.00
- Tyre irons ….. £3.00
- Inner tube ….. £5.00
- Lost bike or damaged frame ….. £500.00
Damage to equipment
- Cost of repair, loss or value will be charged.